Your Search returned 26 results for line
Not the results you were looking for? Suggest this term be built
on our contact us page
2 Lines Intersection
Enter any 2 line equations, and the calculator will determine the following:
* Are the lines parallel?
* Are the lines perpendicular
* Do the lines intersect at some point, and if so, which point?
* Is the system of equations dependent, independent, or inconsistent
Additive Identity Property
Displays the line by line proof for the additive identity property
Budget Line Equation
Solves for any one of the 5 items in the standard budget line equation:
Quantity of x = Qx
Quantity of y = Qy
Price of x = Px
Price of y = Py
Collinear Points that form Unique Lines
Solves the word problem, how many lines can be formed from (n) points no 3 of which are collinear.
Complex Number Operations
Given two numbers in complex number notation, this calculator:
1) Adds (complex number addition), Subtracts (complex number subtraction), Multiplies (complex number multiplication), or Divides (complex number division) any 2 complex numbers in the form a + bi and c + di where i = √-1.
2) Determines the Square Root of a complex number denoted as √a + bi
3) Absolute Value of a Complex Number |a + bi|
4) Conjugate of a complex number a + bi
Compound Interest and Annuity Table
Given an interest rate (i), number of periods to display (n), and number of digits to round (r), this calculator shows the values for the following 4 compound interest annuity functions from time 1 to (n) rounded to (r) digits:
(1 + i)n
Force of Interest δn
Counting on a Number Line
Shows addition or subtraction by moving left or right on a number line.
Covariance and Correlation coefficient (r) and Least Squares Method and Exponential Fit
Given two distributions X and Y, this calculates the following:
* Covariance of X and Y denoted Cov(X,Y)
* The correlation coefficient r.
* Using the least squares method, this shows the least squares regression line (Linear Fit) and Confidence Intervals of α and Β (90% - 99%)
* Coefficient of Determination r squared r2
* Spearmans rank correlation coefficient
* Wilcoxon Signed Rank test
Takes various functions (exponential, logarithmic, signum (sign), polynomial, linear with constant of proportionality, constant, absolute value), and classifies them, builds ordered pairs, and finds the y-intercept and x-intercept and domain and range if they exist.
Calculates the imaginary number i where i = √-1 raised to any integer power as well as the product of imaginary numbers of quotient of imaginary numbers
Given a set of data, this interpolates using the following methods:
* Linear Interpolation
* Nearest Neighbor (Piecewise Constant)
* Polynomial Interpolation
Line Equation-Slope-Distance-Midpoint-Y intercept
Enter 2 points, and this calculates the following:
* Slope of the line (rise over run) and the line equation y = mx + b that joins the 2 points
* Midpoint of the two points
* Distance between the 2 points
* 2 remaining angles of the rignt triangle formed by the 2 points
* y intercept of the line equation
* Point-Slope Form
* Parametric Equations and Symmetric Equations
Or, if you are given a point on a line and the slope of the line including that point, this calculates the equation of that line and the y intercept of that line equation, and point-slope form.
Also allows for the entry of m and b to form the line equation
Linear Algebra Summary
This is a list of notes, tips, and tricks involving Linear Algebra
Given an modular equation ax ≡ b (mod m), this solves for x if a solution exists
Linear Congruential Generator
Using the linear congruential generator algorithm, this generates a list of random numbers based on your inputs
Converts to and from the following linear measurements for a given quantity:
Counts from a point going left and right on a number line
Number Line Midpoint
Calculates a midpoint between 2 points on a number line or finds the second endpoint if one endpoint and midpoint are given.
Plane and Parametric Equations in R3
Given a vector A and a point (x,y,z), this will calculate the following items:
1) Plane Equation passing through (x,y,z) perpendicular to A
2) Parametric Equations of the Line L passing through the point (x,y,z) parallel to A
Point and a Line
Enter any line equation and a 2 dimensional point. The calculator will figure out if the point you entered lies on the line equation you entered. If the point does not lie on the line, the distance between the point and line will be calculated.
Security Market Line and Treynor Ratio
Solves for any of the 4 items in the Security Market Line equation, Risk free rate, market return, Β, and expected return as well as calculate the Treynor Ratio.
Square Roots and Exponents
Given a number (n), or a fraction (n/m), and/or an exponent (x), or product of up to 5 radicals, this determines the following:
* The square root of n denoted as √n
* The square root of the fraction n/m denoted as √n/m
* n raised to the xth power denoted as nx (Write without exponents)
* n raised to the xth power raised to the yth power denoted as (nx)y (Write without exponents)
* Product of up to 5 square roots: √a√b√c√d√e
* Write a numeric expression such as 8x8x8x8x8 in exponential form
Straight Line Depreciation
Solves for Depreciation Charge, Asset Value, Salvage Value, Time, N, and Book Value using the Straight Line Method.
Target Heart Rate
Given an age, this calculator determines the following 5 target heart rate zones:
Healthy Heart Zone (Warm up) 50 - 60%
Fitness Zone (Fat Burning) 60 - 70%
Aerobic Zone (Endurance Training) 70 - 80%
Anaerobic Zone (Performance Training) 80 - 90%
Red Line (Maximum Effort) 90 - 100%
Given 2 vectors A and B, this calculates:
* Length (magnitude) of A = ||A||
* Length (magnitude) of B = ||B||
* Sum of A and B = A + B (addition)
* Difference of A and B = A - B (subtraction)
* Dot Product of vectors A and B = A x B
A ÷ B (division)
* Distance between A and B = AB
* Angle between A and B = θ
* Unit Vector U of A.
* Determines the relationship between A and B to see if they are orthogonal (perpendicular), same direction, or parallel (includes parallel planes).
* Cauchy-Schwarz Inequality
* The orthogonal projection of A on to B, projBA and and the vector component of A orthogonal to B → A - projBA
Also calculates the horizontal component and vertical component of a 2-D vector.
Walking Distance (Pedometer)
Given a number of steps and a distance per stride in feet, this calculator will determine how far you walk in other linear measurements.
A house valued at 70,000 in 1989 increased in value to 125,000 in 2000. Find a function which gives
165cm in ft
225 lines per second how many per minute
Below are data showing the results of six subjects on a memory test. The three scores per subject ar
Consider a firm that has two assembly lines, 1 and 2, both producing calculator. Assume that you hav
It is estimated that weekly demand for gasoline at new station is normally distributed, with an aver
A random sample of n = 10 flash light batteries with a mean operating life X=5 hr. And a sample stan
Can a coefficient of determination be negative? Why or why not?
Jazmin is a hairdresser who rents a station in a salon for daily fee. The amount of money (m) Jazmin
In simple linear regression the slope and the correlation coefficient will have the same signs True
The slope of a line is 7/6. What is the slope of any line parallel to this line?
A yoga member ship costs $16 and additional $7 per class. Write a linear equation modeling the cost
Find y if the line through (1,y) and (4,5) has a slope of 3
A family buys airline tickets online. Each ticket costs $167. The family buys travel insurance with
The points 6,4 and 9,r lie on a line with slope 3. Find the missing coordinate r.
The points -5, -24 and 5,r lie on a line with slope 4. Find the missing coordinate r. Slope = (y2 -
Bangladesh, a country about the size of the state of Iowa, but has about half the U.S population, ab
Suppose that the weight (in pounds) of an airplane is a linear function of the amount of fuel (in ga
In 2010 a algebra book cost $125. In 2015 the book cost $205. Whats the linear function since 2010?
What number is half between 1.24 and 1.8?
There are 12 inches per foot. How many inches are there in 14 feet?
Frank is a plumber who charges a $35 service charge and $15 per hour for his plumbing services. Find
Match each variable with a variable by placing the correct letter on each line.
A segment has an endpoint at (2, 1). The midpoint is at (5, 1). What are the coordinates of the othe
Joel bought 88 books. Some books cost $13 each and some cost $17 each. In all, he spent $128. Which
In 2016, National Textile installed a new textile machine in one of its factories at a cost of $300,
Angie and Kenny play online video games. Angie buy 2 software packages and 4 months of game play. Ke
SportStation.Store - #1 Sports Equipment Online Store!