Your Search returned 12 results for factor
Not the results you were looking for? Suggest this term be built
on our contact us page
Calculates the probability of 3 separate events that follow a binomial distribution. It calculates the probability of exactly k successes, no more than k successes, and greater than k successes as well as the mean, variance, standard deviation, skewness and kurtosis.
Also calculates the normal approximation to the binomial distribution with and without the continuity correction factor
Calculates moment number t using the moment generating function
Counts up from a number to another number using a factor
Counts down from one number to another number using a factor. Also known as skip counting.
Derangements - Subfactorials
Calculates the number of derangements/subfactorial !n.
Difference of Two Squares
Factors a difference of squares binomial in the form a2 - b2 or multiplies 2 binomials through in the form (ax + by)(ax - by).
Calculates the following factorial items:
* A factorial of one number such as n!
* A factorial of a numerator divided by a factorial of a denominator such as n!m!/a!b!
* Double Factorials such as n!!
* Stirlings Approximation for n!
Factoring and Root Finding
This calculator factors a binomial including all 26 variables (a-z) using the following factoring principles:
* Difference of Squares
* Sum of Cubes
* Difference of Cubes
* Binomial Expansions
* Factor by Grouping
* Common Term
This calculator also uses the Rational Root Theorem (Rational Zero Theorem) to determine potential roots
* Factors and simplifies Rational Expressions of one fraction
* Determines the number of potential positive and negative roots using Descarte’s Rule of Signs
Given a positive integer, this calculates the following for that number:
1) Factor pairs and prime factorization and prime power decomposition
2) Factors and Proper Factors
3) Aliquot Sum
Greatest Common Factor and Least Common Multiple
Given 2 or 3 numbers, the calculator determines the following:
* Greatest Common Factor (GCF) using Factor Pairs
* Rewrite Sum using the Distributive Property and factoring out the GCF
* Least Common Multiple (LCM) / Least Common Denominator (LCD) using Factor Pairs
* GCF using the method of Successive Division
* GCF using the Prime Factorization method
* Determine if the numbers are coprime and twin prime
Calculates the multifactorial n!(m)
Quadratic Equations and Inequalities
Solves for quadratic equations in the form ax2 + bx + c = 0. Also generates practice problems as well as hints for each problem.
* Solve using the quadratic formula and the discriminant Δ
* Complete the Square for the Quadratic
* Factor the Quadratic
* Vertex (h,k) of the parabola formed by the quadratic where h is the Axis of Symmetry as well as the vertex form of the equation a(h - h)2 + k
* Concavity of the parabola formed by the quadratic
* Using the Rational Root Theorem (Rational Zero Theorem), the calculator will determine potential roots which can then be tested against the synthetic calculator.
Using Ruffinis Rule, this performs synthetic division by dividing a polynomial with a maximum degree of 6 by a term (x ± c) where c is a constant root using the factor theorem. The calculator returns a quotient answer that includes a remainder if applicable.
Wind Chill Factor
This calculator determines the wind chill factor given a temperature in F° and a wind speed in miles per hour (mph). Simply enter your temperature and wind speed and press the button
A natural number greater than 1 has only itself and 1 as factors is called
ax + b = cx - d
if a + b = 2 and a2 - b2 = -4, what is the value of a - b?
The product of two positive numbers is 96. Determine the two numbers if one is 4 more than the other
A box is filled with 5 blue cards,2 red cards, and 5 yellow cards. A card is chosen at random from t
Jack is making snack bags. He has 18 baby carrots and 42 pretzels. He wants to divide them equally a
24 coloring books, 60 crayons, and 84 markers can be packaged into at most how many identical packag
A toy factory makes 5,000 teddy bears per day. The supervisor randomly selects 10 teddy bears from a
If f(x) = 3x + 1 and g(x) = x^2 + 2x, find x when f(g(x)) = 10
Harry got 42 out of 49 correct in his test. What fraction of the marks did he get correct?
A desk drawer contains 10 blue pencils, 7 red pencils, and 8 green pencils. Without looking, you dra
Your salary after a 5% increase if your salary before the increase was s
Is it correct to word "10% * 50 + 50" as "10% upper 50"?
Besides 8 and 1, what is one factor of 8
log5 = 0.699, log2 = 0.301. Use these values to evaluate log40
If a+b=16, then what is 3a+3b=
In 2016, National Textile installed a new textile machine in one of its factories at a cost of $300,
z = (x + y)/mx; Solve for x